Payment & Shipping
Accepted forms of payment: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Paypal, Visa, Wire Transfer
Shipping: SHIPPING and DELIVERY available throughout the U.S. and world-wide, subject to specific rules for firearms and other items as specified in their auction descriptions. PICK-UP available at our Alpena Auction House and by arrangement in Metro Detroit. Depending on the arrangements, shipping and handling expenses are the responsibility of the buyer. Please email or call for specific information (email@example.com; 989-727-0011, ext 5)
SHIPMENTS are insured. Actual shipping cost, insurance fee, special handling fees, if applicable, and a minimal packing fee will be charged. We combine shipping and packaging for multi-lot orders whenever practical. Preferred shippers are USPS and FedEx, though others may be used.
SHIPPING EXPENSES are not estimated prior to purchase because we try to combine all items won by a bidder into a single package that is then measured and weighed, which cannot happen until after the auction. We do not guarantee any shipping estimates until your purchase is ready for shipment after the auction has ended.
All items must be removed within 5 business days of payment. Or, alternative pick-up or shipping arrangements must be made. Items remaining at the auction location longer than 5 business days after payment may incur a storage fee and could be considered abandoned with payments to be forfeited and the item re-sold.
$12.00 transfer fee applies for each FFL firearm purchased and delivered to the buyer at our Auction House. $20 transfer fee applies for each FFL firearm purchased and forwarded to another FFL dealer for delivery to the buyer. (Firearms subject to ATF rules can only be sold and transferred to owners within the U.S. Not all firearms are subject to FFL handling rules. Contact us regarding specific firearms we are offering for sale.)
Following Special Terms & Conditions are in addition to the regular Terms & Conditions for any of our auctions.
1. Firearms and ammunition are NOT specifically guaranteed or warranted for shooting. A purchased firearm should be inspected by a competent gunsmith for safety, function, and proper ammunition type before attempting to fire. Any description of mechanical function or condition does NOT mean the firearm has been professionally inspected or is OK for shooting. Ammunition of unknown origin should not be fired; the ammunition in this sale is sold for salvage of components or as collectibles only.
2. Sale and transfer of firearms to a buyer are subject to local, state and Federal regulations. Interpretation and compliance with such rules shall be the sole decision of the FFL verifying the buyer and transferring the firearm, unless there is clarification or specific direction by the appropriate Authority.
3. All firearms must be transferred through a FFL (Federal Firearms License) holder, i.e. licensed gun dealer or gun shop. Pace & Hong Auctions is a FFL holder and can transfer firearms to buyers from their Alpena, MI auction house or, for the convenience of non-local buyers, by arrangement with FFL holders throughout the U.S.
4. It is the responsibility of the buyer to make sure their purchase does not violate any applicable regulations. If a buyer fails to qualify under applicable regulations he will own a firearm where he will be unable to take possession. If Pace & Hong agrees to void the sale, the firearm must be returned in unchanged condition and there will be a 35% service charge plus appropriate Shipping and Handling charges. Please do not bid if you are unsure about qualifying and being able to take possession from your FFL dealer.
5. In Michigan you must be 18 or older to buy rifles or shotguns and 21 or older to buy handguns. Age requirements may vary in other states. You must identify yourself with a government issued ID that is current, shows a valid address and photo.
6. Buyers who cannot personally take possession at our Alpena auction house are responsible for selecting a FFL holder at a location convenient to the buyer. A properly documented copy of the receiving FFL holder's license must be received and verified by Pace & Hong Auctions prior to shipping. Buyer is responsible for fees associated with the transfer and shipping of firearms.
7. Items will be transferred to the buyer at our Alpena Auction House as soon as successful verification can be completed. Transfers through other FFL holders will be shipped within 3 business days of successful verification and payment of all charges and fees.
8. NOTE: ATF rules indicate that buyers may be put on delay for up to 3 days.